The most compelling task facing the arts is to endow the future. Arts organizations are the cultural legacy of our society, and endowments are the pathway to building capacity for arts organizations. Growing and leveraging the endowed assets of OCAC is essential to the health of the organization.
Why do the arts need endowments?
- Endowments are a consistent source of operating revenue, especially in fluctuating economic environments.
- Endowments provide a means of increasing the operating budget of an organization at a rate that exceeds inflation.
- Endowment dollars provide a source of revenue for new projects and programs.
- Endowments promote financial stability and fiscal responsibility.
- Endowments create longevity and independence for charitable organizations